Welcome to the Electrum Documentation!¶
Electrum is a lightweight Bitcoin wallet.
GUI and beginners¶
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Electrum work?
- Does Electrum trust servers?
- What is the Seed?
- How secure is the seed?
- How can I send the maximum available in my wallet?
- How can I send Bitcoins without paying a transaction fee?
- What does it mean to “Freeze” an address in Electrum?
- What encryption is used for wallets?
- I have forgotten my password but still have my seed. Is there any way I can recover my password?
- Why can I open the wallet without entering my password?
- Does Electrum support cold wallets?
- Can I import private keys from other Bitcoin clients?
- Can I sweep private keys from other Bitcoin clients?
- Where is my wallet file located?
- Can I do bulk payments with Electrum?
- Can Electrum create and sign raw transactions?
- Electrum freezes when I try to send bitcoins
- Is there a way to get a BTC/USD exchange ticker in Electrum?
- What is the gap limit?
- How can I pre-generate new addresses?
- How to upgrade Electrum?
- Two Factor Authentication
- Multisig Wallets
- Cold Storage
Command line and merchants¶
- Command Line
- Using cold storage with the command line
- How to accept Bitcoin on a website using Electrum
- The Python Console
- Simple Payment Verification
- Electrum Seed Version System
- Electrum protocol specification
- Serialization of unsigned or partially signed transactions
- Build Electrum on Mac OS X